In this guide, the actual laptop is Acer Aspire 5517 5532. Its keyboard is the same with the keyboards of Acer Aspire 5732, Aspire 5734 and other laptops, so the guide is also helpful to disassemble these laptops.
First of all, please turn off your Acer Aspire 5517, disconnect the power adapter and remove the battery.
1. Open your laptop. Use a plastic screw driver to pry loose the side of the middle cover. Turn the computer over. Press down the / and * keys on the right side of the Keyboard to expose the cutout. Insert a suitable plastic tool (or finger) and pry the Switch Cover upward, away from the Upper Cover.
2. Work along the Switch Cover toward the left hinge, gently prying up the cover as shown.
3. Lift the Switch Cover clear of the Acer Aspire 5517.
4. Pry up the centre of the Keyboard and rotate it upward away from the Upper Cover.
5. Turn the Acer Aspire 5517 keyboard over on to the TouchPad area to expose the FFC connector.
6. Open the locking latch and disconnect the FFC from the mainboard.
Replace Acer Aspire 5517 5732 Keyboard-2
Replace Acer Aspire 5517 5732 Keyboard-4
Replace Acer Aspire 5517 5732 Keyboard-6
Những model dùng chung bàn phím laptop Acer Aspire 5532