This guide should work on the compatible laptop model listed above, such as Acer aspire 3000, Aspire 3610 9110 series. Though the keyboard of Acer Travelmate 2420 is different, the disassembly procedures are the same.
First of all, Turn off your computer. Disconnect the AC adapter and remove the battery.
1. Detach the keyboard cover from the main uiit carefully. Be careful, the cover has a circuit board which is connected to the motherboard.
2. Place the keyboard bezel so you can access the screw securing the keyboard. Remove that screw. Do not forget, the keyboard bezel is still attached to the Acer Aspire 9110/ TravelMate 2420 motherboard.
3. Lift up the Acer Aspire 9110/ TravelMate 2420 keyboard and place it upside down on the palm rest. Before you can remove the keyboard, you have to disconnect it from the motherboard..
4. Unlock the keyboard cable connector and disconnect the keyboard cable from the motherboard.
5. Remove the Acer Aspire 9110/ TravelMate 2420 keyboard.