Removing The Keyboard 1. Follow the procedures in Before Working On Your Computer. 2. Remove the battery. 3. Press the keyboard down. Pry the keyboard with the use of a flat-head screwdriver towards the display to reveal the first keyboard retainer.
4. Pry up the second keyboard retainer.
5. Pry up the third keyboard retainer.
6. Pry up the fourth keyboard retainer.
7. Pull up the keyboard from the palm rest.
8. Release the latch on the system board connector then disconnect the keyboard back-light cable.
9. Release the latch on the system board connector and then disconnect the keyboard cable.